- Be intentional. Do things on purpose, not by accident, and focus focus focus. We have to really want to grow and be willing to do what it takes. How bad do we want it?
- Choose areas of growth. It's impossible to grow in every area, so we should zoom in and concentrate on one (or two) major areas then move out from there.
- Create a growth environment. This means being around positive people, especially other Christians. This can be our inner circle, as well as, our associations. Birds of a feather...right.
- Allow failure to be our friend. When we try new things, more times than not, we're going to fail before we succeed. Embrace it -- expect it and accept it.
- Value today and visualize tomorrow. Respect where we see ourselves right now, see our future and the vision God has for us. We have to really know what God has for us and that requires praying and conscious thinking.
- Develop systems and methods that will help us grow. For me this is about daily routines and practices.
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable. Growth comes with doing new things constantly and going out of our comfort zone.
- Be a river, not a reservoir. God will give us what He knows will flow through us.
For me, I am no longer afraid to go out in the deep end. I am no longer afraid to fly higher, I am no longer concerned about what I have or do not have, and I am no longer concerned about what anybody thinks or says. Who the heck cares anymore? I don't. Because God tells me he doesn't give me a spirit of fear or timidity (2 Timothy 1:7), but He gives me a spirit of love, confidence, power, self-control, and joy. And I…